(Note Shipping anywhere in the US is Included in the prices shown!)
The 3D Printer Low Filament Alarm is a simple tool born out of necessity.
This device makes noise when you are about to run out of filament to alert you to the situation. This is insurance against running out during a print job and can help you make use of the last bit of filament on a roll.
This is a tested tool that just works. No need to mess around with an unreliable solution or with wiring something up to your printer electronics.
- Works on any 3d printer with any filament material & diameter, no adjustments necessary!
- Can be used as-is out of the box or combined with fittings (sold separately) to allow connection with a bowden tube.
- Has printable add-ons that enable automatic filament dusting/oiling and multiple mounting positions, see the free add-on STLs here.
- No battery drain unless the siren is sounding.
- Easy to fish the filament through. (Other devices Ive seen have internal pockets where the ends of the filament get stuck and are annoying to fish filament through.)
This device is super reliable because it relies on an internal mechanical switch. (As opposed to an optical sensor which has trouble detecting translucent and clear filaments, and can only be optimized for one filament diameter.
**Note that this sensor will only detect if the filament is about to run out. It will not detect a jam.
Bonus Parts Now Included! Bowden Tube add on: Two brass fittings & small section of 4mm OD PTFE tubing allow you to put the low filament sensor in line with your existing 1.75mm bowden tube system.
Relevant Video Support/Demonstrations:
Photos of some mounting upgrades (Files on Thingiverse):